Monday, June 14, 2010

Get Cheered Up With 'Sita Sings the Blues'


The most adorable telling of a sacred Indian text ever.

I'd heard of "Sita Sings the Blues" but never actually watched it. I was in an an epic bad mood this weekend and my husband put this on in an effort to take the edge of my crankiness.

And it worked! By God, it melted my heart, like when Mr. Burns gets his teddy bear Bobo back.

Watch this 3 min clip!




If you've never seen it, watch it. Watch it just for the Monkey Dance. Or for the amazing musical soundtrack by 1920's-1930's jazz singer Annette Hanshaw.

And since the artist was ensnared in a copyright nightmare, she made it public and it's free!

Watch the ENTIRE FILM HERE!
If it doesn't brighten your Monday, you're an even crankier jerk than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment